Monday, July 4, 2011

Getting Started

Ok, since I have decided to get back into shape, there are a few items I will need to purchase if I want to do this right...
First, I will need a good pair of cross training shoes... I expect to walk, jog and eventually run. And since my feet pronate, a good pair of orthotic inserts to protect my knees and hips would certainly be a good idea.


Now I know that sunglasses are not really that important for running, but they sure are cool.. and will help prevent those wrinkles that appear around the eyes with squinting...



And every runner needs a watch that keeps track of those 7 minute miles, or in my case 15 minute miles...




Now there is some equipment I already have..





A pair of healthy lungs...needed for that O2 and CO2 exchange..


A heart that will get stronger every time I step out and hit the pavement.. and hopefully I can lower my cholesterol without those nasty drugs...


And last but not least legs... mine have gotten kind of whimpy looking, so I really can't wait to get that tone and strength back into them..

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love getting new gear to start working out again! Had a fabulous time at your cabin. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete